Marhmallow (Altahea officinalis) root powder
100% pure, organic certified herbal powder.
Marshmallow root is an essential natural ingredient for the beauty of hair and skin.
Containing mucilage, the herb transforms to a gel-like substance that forms a protective layer and seals in moisture - making it an ultimate moisturizer and popular choice for dry and dehydrated skin.
The richness in tannins and flavonoids of marshmallow powder makes it an ally of choice for anti-aging and revitalizing skin treatment. Marshmallow is also great at soothing and repairing sensitive skin or as an after-sun treatment.
Natural hair beauty
Marshmallow powder is an excellent natural detangler for the hair.
It works really well as conditioner: used as a hair mask with other plant powders,
it brings shine and soothes sensitive or irritated scalps.
- For a water-based infusion, put the herb in a jar at approximately 2 teaspoons per cup, add cold water and allow it to steep overnight or for several hours.
- For an oil-based infusion, fill the jar about ¾ full with herb, pour cold oil (olive oil, etc) over and allow to steep for at least 2 weeks.
- As a natural hair conditioner or detangler, combined with other plant powders like rhassoul, clays or other herbal powders
- As a hair beauty rinse (use water based infusion)
- As a hair serum, combined with vegetal oil of your choice
- In a face mask, forming a paste with water, clays and / or plant powders
- As a soothing, regenerating after-sun treatment, using the water
infusion or paste.
Like with all cosmetic products, keep out of reach of children.
Avoid eyes. If irritation occurs discontinue use.
Keep at in a cool and dry place.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT EXTRACT IS A POPULAR INGREDIENT IN MANY HAIR CONDITIONERS FOR ITS AMAZING SLIPPERY TEXTURE THAT ENABLES EASY DETANGLING AS WELL AS SOFTENING THE HAIR.
IT IS HIGH IN PLANT PROTEIN THAT PROMOTES HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH AND SHINE WHILE ALSO SOOTHING DRY SCALP AND SKIN INFLAMMATION.
ITS SOOTHING AND SOFTENING PROPERTIES ALSO MAKE IT A NATURAL ALLY FOR FACIAL CARE, PARTICULARLY FOR SENSITIVE, IRRITATED, DRY OR DEHYDRATED SKIN.