DISCOVER OUR SOLID SHAMPOO WITHOUT SURFACTANT, 100% NATURAL, WITHOUT ANY CHEMICALS, ARTISANAL & HANDMADE IN BRUSSELS.
- 100% pure and natural. Like ALL our products, it is composed of 100% organic, 100% natural and 100% edible oils and plants: Coconut, Argan, Castor, Shikakai, Amla, Neem, Hibiscus and Nettle, Rosemary, Bergamot and Lavender.
- Super nourishing and excellent for hydrating the hair. The highest quality coconut, castor and argan oils we use are rich in antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamin E. They moisturize and soften the hair and scalp and protect them from damage dailies.
- Without any chemical ingredient: surfactant-free, dye-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, bisphenol-free, silicone-free, polymer-free, phthalate-free, sulphate-free, SCI-free, palm oil-free...
- Works for all hair types, and it is especially suitable for dry, normal, curly, frizzy, afro, fine hair... It boosts volume and accentuates curls!
- Extremely gentle and works well for sensitive scalp
- Also ideal for colored hair as it is ultra soft and protects the color beautifully.
- 3 in 1: use it as soap, shower gel and shampoo.
- Ideal travel companion and zero waste, 3 in 1. And the best, travel light and take it with you in your hand luggage!
- Zero waste! Imagine how many plastic bottles you will save 🌎
- Our 100% natural shampoo is made by an exclusive hot SAPONIFICATION method from organic coconut oil, organic argan oil, organic castor oil, plants (organic shikakai, organic amla, neem organic, organic hibiscus, organic nettle), organic bergamot oil, organic lavender oil, organic rosemary oil, and nothing else!
- Vegan, not tested on animals.
- Handmade in our workshop in Brussels.
Controversies around shampoo surfactants. Why should you care?
Surfactant is an agent that produces or modifies the surface tension of a solvent in solution. Simplified, a surfactant is a detergent that makes lathery bubbles.
Sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfates are the most common surfactants, approved sadly even in organic certified skincare.
Nearly 16000 studies mention the toxicity of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)!
Tensioactives (INCI: Sodium Coco SULFATE etc.) supposedly "natural" and obtained from Coconut oil are present in almost ALL ORGANIC CERTIFIED solid shampoos.
A new, supposedly milder alternative: Sodium Cocoyl Isotheniate (SCI) is obtained through a number of heavy chemical reactions, including using ethylene oxide (as for PEG, "polyethylene glycols"). Ethylene oxide is classified as toxic by inhalation and carcinogenic. Solid shampoos can contain up to 75% SCI.
They are neither natural nor safe.
Similarly to SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate), they are one of the biggest scams of the Organic/BIO/NATURAL product range.
All surfactants are lab-made chemicals that can penetrate tissues and settle in vital organs such as the liver, heart, lungs ...
The most common SLS is known to irritate the skin, lungs, and eyes. While SLS itself is not declared carcinogen, some studies have showed that it can cause mutations that can lead to cancer. Surfactants can also bind to estrogen and disrupt hormonal function.
This is in short why we insist on avoiding ALL types of surfactants !
If you want to know more about surfactants and other dangerous ingredients hiding in your skincare, write us an email (email@example.com, Subject: FREE Guide) and we will send you a FREE Guide to Healthy Skincare with references for every claim we make here.
How to use our solid shampoo?
Simply rub the shampoo into your wet hair and see it turn into a nice lather. Massage your hair for 2-3 minutes and rinse it.
It is very important to follow up with a mild apple cider vinegar rinse: take 1 tablespoon of vinegar diluted in 200 ml of water and spread it on the hair.
Rinse well with plenty of COLD water and that's it! No need for conditioner!
The shampoo is designed for all hair types, and it is particularly suitable for frizzy and afro hair, dry hair, fine hair as well as dark and curly hair.
It increases the volume and accentuate the curls!
No need to put on the oil-based mask before or after; our shampoo is super nourishing!
Adjustment period: Our shampoo is different! It will not leave hair dry or remove oil from your hair like other chemical-based shampoos that contain detergents (surfactants). This is why you need to adjust to it, at least 5-7 washes, especially if you are not used to solid shampoo soap bars!
On the first day, the hair may appear heavy and greasy especially on the ends, but as the days go by, the oils will be absorbed and you should only wash it once a week! The vinegar rinse (use good quality apple cider vinegar!) is highly recommended, especially during the adjustment period.
Ingredients (full INCI list): Sodium cocoate(saponified virgin Coconut oil*), Glycerine**, Aqua, Sodium Arganate(saponified argan oil*), Sodium Castorate (saponified castor oil*), Emblica Officinalis (Amla) Powder*, Acacia Concinna (Shikakai) Powder*, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Powder*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Powder*, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Powder*, Lavandula hybrida (Lavander) EO*, Rosmarinus officinalis(Rosemary) EO*, Citrus bergamia (Bergamote) EO*, (linalol, limonene, citral)***
*Organic certified **Natural by-product of saponification
***Naturally occurring in essential oils
For external use only. If irritation occurs discontinue use.
SOLID SHAMPOO WITHOUT SURFACTANT AND WITHOUT ANY CHEMICALS, 100% NATURAL, ARTISANAL AND MADE IN BRUSSELS .
HANDMADE - NATURAL - ORGANIC - VEGAN - NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS