Oh Lou Lou! Velvety Oil Cleanser/Face Wash & Make Up Remover (2-in-1)
Our Velvety Sensitive Oil Cleanser is our best-selling product, elaborated with synergy of carefully chosen plant-based oils Calendula, Jojoba, Sweet Almond & Lavender Oil, especially chosen to soothe and nourish sensitive skin while maintaining the sebum production on its optimum level.
Velvety Sensitive is a beautiful blend of soothing and nourishing oils that will
1) Deeply clean, clean out clogged pores and lift excess sebum (the oily substance on your skin).
2) Remove dead skin, pollutants, and makeup.
3) Calm & and nourish it with skin loving oils and feed it the natural Vitamin E.
The most important is that it will also keep your skin from over-compensating in oil production, in another words, keep in balance your sebum production.
Oh Lou Lou! Velvety Sensitive Oil Cleanser
- Works as Deep Facial Cleanser/Face Wash and Makeup remover (2-in-1)!
- 100% natural, handmade, vegan, cruelty-free.
- At Oh Lou Lou! we believe you shouldn't put anything on your skin that you wouldn't eat! Like all our products, "Velvety Sensitive" is made exclusively with 100% natural, 100% organic and edible oils. Surfactant-free, detergent-free, sulphate-free, chemical-free, preservative-free, water-free! We exclusively use skin-loving and beautifying edible oils!
No detergents, no surfactants, no chemicals, no preservatives, no water! Just 100% natural skin loving oils!
- Work for most skin types: normal, combination, acne-prone, combo to oily, rosacea prone, dry, eczema prone skin... See also our Face Cleansers for acneic skin and oily skin.
- Contains cold pressed Golden Jojoba Oil that is great in regulating sebum production.
How to Use Our Facial Oil Cleanser
- Put few drops of oil wash in your palm and spread it over your face and neck.
- Massage your face and neck couple of minutes allowing the oils to penetrate the skin and start dissolving oils, impurities, makeup.
- Take a small towel and run it under a warm water (as warm as you can bear it without burning yourself). Cover the entire face and wait until the steam does its work for two-three of minutes. The pores are now open and ready to be deeply cleaned.
- Wipe off the face gently with the towel and repeat once more if needed. Do not overdo it, rather make sure you leave a thin protective layer of oil.
- Nourish with a Cream or Face Oil and tone with Hydrosol per-usual.
Enjoy your silky, softened and beautifully hydrated skin.
Emilie C, Brussels
I had contacted Oh Lou Lou! a while ago because my skin was in bad shape. They had asked me so many questions, I had never experienced that before. Later that evening I received a very long email about what I can do with tips and which products e.g Sensitive Cleanser oil and others they recommended. I bought the products and they had written me a step-by-step plan on how to do my ritual. The day after I used my products, my rash on my forehead was as good as gone. My redness was gone. I didn't believe it. They gave me so good and a lot advice. Miracles in a bottle.
INCI complete list: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Extract*&Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil*, Tocopherol (vitamin E), (Limonene, Linalool)**. *Organic **Naturally occurring in essential oils.
Massage it in, then wipe it off with warm, steaming towel.
For external use only. Avoid direct eye contact. If irritation occurs discontinue use.
Keep at room temperature away from direct sunlight.
Why we love and highly recommend 100% Natural Oil Cleansing
The secret of healthy looking, glowing skin begins with a great cleansing routine.
No wonder traditional cosmetic industry invents new trends and products every now and then to stimulate buying behaviors: traditional cleansers, oil cleansers, double cleansers, micellar waters, soapy waters. Many of them are packed with nasty chemicals, preservatives, emulsifiers and lathering agents (surfactants).
Those cleansers have one thing in common: they strip the oil from your face and your body desperately tries to repair itself by producing excess oil.
That often disrupts the microbiome of your skin, causes irritation, excessive dryness and most often the dreaded shiny appearance of the skin that leads to blocked pores and may cause acne breakouts and other skin problems.
Whilst there are definitely different other reasons that can contribute to excess sebum e.g. hormones, stress, diet etc, we can tell for sure that the chemical packed cleansing routine is an important factor in sebum overproduction. And luckily, it is also the easiest one to correct.
Read more: Traditional Cleansers can irritate your skin, cause excessive dryness, exacerbate acne (Source), and ultimately lead your skin to produce more oil after washing.
If you’d like to know what is in your skincare, how to quickly read INCI and make sure you are not feeding your skin dangerous and sometimes cancerogenic ingredients, write us an email (email@example.com, Subject: FREE Guide) and we will send you your FREE Guide to Healthy Skincare.
What is 100% Natural Oil Cleansing?
Many people wonder what is the best cleansing method or the best cleansing oil?
We believe it is getting back to the simple, proven concepts and sticking to the natural basics, without adding fancy, totally unnecessary and often dangerous additives, detergents, foaming agents etc.
It is relying on the well-known concept that oil dissolves oil.
100% Natural Oil Cleansing is simply about cleansing solely with 100% natural oils thus naturally balancing the skin’s sebum production.
The basic concept of the Natural Oil Cleansing Method is that the oil used to clean your skin will dissolve the oil hardened with makeup, impurities and stuck in your pores.
The steam will open your pores, allowing the oil to be easily removed.
Do this for few days and you will feel the magic!
Our 100% natural oil cleansing method with “Velvety” oils is something that could revolutionize the way you take care of your skin.
"Velvety Sensitive" is our best-selling product, made with a synergy of vegetable oils (Calendula, Jojoba, Sweet Almond and Lavender oil), specially chosen to soothe and nourish sensitive skin while maintaining sebum production at its optimal level.
- Works as a facial cleanser and make-up remover 2in1
- 100% natural, handmade, vegan, cruelty free.
- No detergent, no sulfate, no chemicals, no preservatives, no water!
100% NATURAL, CERTIFIED ORGANIC AND CARRIES ECOGARANTIE & SLOW COSMETIQUE LABELS.