California White Sage Smudge Torch
California White sage (Salvia apiana), also known as sacred sage, is an evergreen perennial native to the Southwestern United States. This potent herb has been used for centuries by Native Americans in rituals of cleansing and healing.
Burn white sage to clear energy and restore balance, for protection, and spiritual purification.
Smoke cleansing traditions
Burning botanicals, resins, incense etc. for health and spiritual purpose, is an ancient practice that is common in a variety of cultures around the world.
In traditional Native American culture, burning sage is thought to cleanse people of negativity and promote healing, wisdom, clarity, longevity and increasing spiritual awareness.
Sage (also known as sacred sage) belongs to the Salvia plant family and is derived from the Latin word salvere, which means "be well/in good health."
Does the Sage really work?
Majority of what ancient cultures have known by intuition, is nowdays supported by science.
A 2016 research project for the University of Mississippi established that white sage (Salvia apiana) is rich in compounds that activate certain receptors in the brain.
These receptors are responsible for elevating mood levels, reducing stress, and even alleviating pain.
Sage simply clears the bacteria in the air. Scientists have observed that sage can clear up to 94 percent of airborne bacteria in a space and disinfect the air.
When sage is burned, it releases negative ions, which is connected to putting people into a positive mood.
A number of studies that have shown that medicinal smokes such as sage have powerful antimicrobial qualities, can improve mood and cognition, and help with insomnia.
How to Energetically Clean Your Space With Sage
How to sage your home
- Open a window to allow the smoke to go out
- Set intention e.g. I let go and release what no longer serves me
- Light the sage using your match or candle, and let it burn for about 20 seconds. Then gently blow out the flame so you see orange embers on one end.
- Slowly walk around, guide the smoke and the negative energy toward the open window or a door.
- Once you're done, extinguish a sage smudge, press the burning tip into your fireproof vessel or sand until the smoke no longer rises.
Net. 25g. 1pc
Sauge blanche Bâton de fumigation
Bâton de fumigation - Sauge blanche (Salvia apiana)